Skip to main content

Elk Grove Citizen

How to Report Property Damage from Storms

Jan 19, 2023 12:00AM ● By Sac County News Release

SACRAMENTO COUNTY, CA (MPG) - Severe storms have caused widespread damage, flooding, and power outages across the Sacramento region. The Sacramento County Office of Emergency Services (OES) needs help from residents who sustained property damage in assessing the full extent of storm damage. These reports will be used to determine when and where a Local Assistance Center (LAC) may be established.

A LAC is activated following major disasters to support residents and businesses that have suffered disaster-related losses or damages. It provides recovery direction, assistance and resources to residents when recovering from a disaster.

Before the LAC can be stood up, a decision must be made regarding location. This will be determined based on where the most storm damage occurred. To report damage to homes or businesses within Sacramento County go to, All information will be sent to OES and reported to State and Federal emergency response agencies. This is not the same as a report for insurance.

County OES is coordinating with all local partners to collect public property damage assessments and are preparing to deploy assessment teams to identify and document areas impacted by storm damage.

To report downed trees on public property and roads, call 311 or go to You can also report flooded roads to 311.