John Hull came out of retirement in 2021 to return as the Citizen's Sports Editor. He started writing sports for the Citizen in Dec., 2007. Hull retired from teaching Mass Media/Journalism at Cosumnes River College and Luther Burbank H.S. in 2019.
As featured on
- Election ’22: Former EG mayor joins Sac County supervisors’ race
- A darkhorse in the wrestling post-season, Sheldon has experienced squad
- A bird’s eye view of the Sky River
- The last call at Dreaming Dog Brewery
- COVID-19 cases on the rise in Elk Grove
- Election ’22: Singh-Allen seeks reelection for EG mayor
- Alleged sex offender confronted by YouTube host
- McClatchy finds holes in Cardinals’ defense; Wildcats hold on to beat Troubies
- New COVID-19 situation impacts local high school sports
- New state law to require public schools to offer free menstrual products
Basketball is underway throughout the Sac-Joaquin Section and we want to know what you think about this season's teams.