Monterey Trail running back Ali Collier scored the first of his four touchdowns Friday in the Mustangs' 27-23 win over Elk Grove in the Sac-Joaquin Section's Division II semi-finals.
John Hull came out of retirement in 2021 to return as the Citizen's Sports Editor. He started writing sports for the Citizen in Dec., 2007. Hull retired from teaching Mass Media/Journalism at Cosumnes River College and Luther Burbank H.S. in 2019.
As featured on
Monterey Trail will for the third season in a row, fifth in school history, play for a Section championship in football. Next up is Central Catholic, 6 p.m. Saturday at Hughes Stadium.
- CIM returns Sunday to Sacramento with large international contingent
- Parent circulates letter urging EGUSD board to protest vaccine mandate
- All-Delta League football team honors
- Santa is returning to town
- Gobble Wobble returns to the streets of Elk Grove
- Mustangs dominate All-Metro Conference football squad
- After years of drought on the court, hope sprouts up at Laguna Creek
- Former EG mayor resigns from Democratic Party
- Suspect accused of robbing victim who pushed stroller
- Election ’22: Dave Jones speaks about his run for Senate D-6 seat
Basketball is underway throughout the Sac-Joaquin Section and we want to know what you think about this season's teams.