John Miller, 86, of Woodland passed away peacefully on Oct. 13. Born on Feb. 25, 1935, to Joe and Paula Miller in Sacramento. After graduating from Elk Grove High School in 1953, he went on to pursue a 70-year long career in agriculture working with Best Fertilizer, Occidental Chemical, and Agriform Farm Supply. He married wife, Dessie, in 1955 and had two beloved children together, Dennis and Nancy. John enjoyed being outdoors, gatherings with family and friends, golf, swimming, sports, and could always be found attending one of his grand- and great-grandchildren's baseball games. He is survived by his daughter, Nancy Swasey (and husband Brian); brother, Joe Miller; grandchildren, Nick Miller (and wife Christie), Bayli Miller, and Jillyan West (and husband Nathaniel); and great-grandchildren, Bryson and Mason Miller. Preceded in death by parents, Joe and Paula Miller; sister, Rosie Miller; wife, Dessie Miller; and son, Dennis Miller. Family and friends are invited to attend the viewing at McNary's Chapel at 5-8pm, Nov. 2, at 458 College St., Woodland. A memorial service will be held the following day at McNary's Chapel at 11:30 pm, Nov. 3, immediately followed by a reception at the Willow Oak Hall at 17591 Co. Rd. 97, Woodland. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to the Yolo Hospice, Prodigy Baseball Club, or a charity of choice.
- City Council approves 387-unit affordable housing project
- The park that took 25 years to complete
- Elk Grove High Class of ‘71 celebrates 50th reunion
- Election '22: Ly threatens litigation in reaction to negative campaign mailers
- Blind Elk Grove resident sees with his heart
- A look at the candidates in this June’s primary elections
- Herd, Huskies advance to divisional semi-finals
- Mate grabs Section Golf Masters, just second EGUSD student to do so
- Money. Is this why we play sports?
- Pride to play for Div. V championship; Wildcats lose in Div. I semis
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.