George Henry Need, Jr. was born March 7, 1943 and passed away peacefully on May 8, 2020 at the age of 77. He was a lifelong Elk Grove resident, who enjoyed spending time with his family and raising cattle. George grew up on his family's ranch in Elk Grove and attended Elk Grove High School where he was an active member of the Future Farmers of America, competed in track and field and played on the basketball team. He graduated in 1961 and married his high school sweetheart Sandra Mitchell. George was a member and retiree of Operating Engineers Local 3, spending many years as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic for Granite Construction. George is preceded in death by his parents George Sr. and Viola Need, and survived by his loving wife of 58 years Sandra, sister Patricia Hassoldt (Steve), brother Michael (Ligia), three daughters Cynthia Donnelly (Mark), Linda Donnelly (David), Christine Chappelle (Ken), six grandchildren Jennifer (Ben), Stephen (Cassie), Justine (Trevor), Joshua (Haley), Katherine, Michael and four great grandchildren. A Celebration of Life to honor George will be held at a future date.
- City Council to consider actions against mayor, Aug. 12
- Election 2020: Pat Perez opts to not run for mayor
- Penagos hoping to add to his role with Sac Republic FC
- Rutter MS teacher honored as County Teacher of the Year
- The food bank’s mission carries on
- Who buys the HHH books? Part 2
- City’s 100-acre sports complex site under review
- Drive-thru COVID-19 testing offered in south county
- Elk Grove Golf Classic less than two weeks away
- Election 2020: Singh-Allen to challenge Ly in mayoral race
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.