A crowd gathers before the International Pilgrim Virgin Statue of Fatima at Elk Grove’s St. Maria Goretti Catholic Church on Sept. 11. The statue is a part of a California tour that marks the 250th anniversary of the Portola Expedition. Jose Thedim’s sculpture has been displayed around the world for more than 70 years, and is based on a reported vision of the Blessed Virgin Mary that appeared in Fatima, Portugal. The story of Fatima was shared at the Elk Grove church that night. Left: The International Pilgrim Virgin Statue of Fatima.
- Driver runs red light, crashes into police car
- Where is the Elk Grove Botanic Garden?
- A 411-acre salad bar for goats, sheep
- Bob Gluck, former Elk Grove Chamber ambassador, dies at 67
- EG restaurants begin reopening
- Elk Grove Unified faces $53M deficit after COVID-19 hit
- Controversial bail reform measure heading to Nov. ballot
- DUI suspect sinks into manure pond
- Survey reveals COVID-19 pandemic’s impacts on local businesses
- A quiet Memorial Day in Elk Grove
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.