SMUD on June 22 hosted their annual Giving Monday food collection drive at Cal Expo to benefit the Elk Grove Food Bank Services. Donors drove up and dropped off non-perishable foods that will support Elk Grove community members in need. The Giving Monday was previously held at California State Fairs, but this year’s collection went on despite the cancellation of the 2020 state fair. More than 2,800 pounds of food was donated to the food bank at this year’s Giving Monday, SMUD spokesperson Lindsay Vanlaningham told the Citizen.
- City Council to consider actions against mayor, Aug. 12
- Election 2020: Pat Perez opts to not run for mayor
- Rutter MS teacher honored as County Teacher of the Year
- Penagos hoping to add to his role with Sac Republic FC
- The food bank’s mission carries on
- Who buys the HHH books? Part 2
- City’s 100-acre sports complex site under review
- Drive-thru COVID-19 testing offered in south county
- Elk Grove Golf Classic less than two weeks away
- Election 2020: Singh-Allen to challenge Ly in mayoral race
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.